Wednesday 15 July 2009

Quotes of the day

I have just been milling around with delegates as they have returned from the gathering service and before the start the first plenary session in a few minutes.

Here is some of the quotes from some of the people I spoke to.

Susanna, one of the stewards, has been working on the welcome desk and handing out food to the delegates. She says:

"I had so much fun waiting for all the important people to come! Even though I only got four hours sleep last night...@

Joshua is here representing one of the migrant churches in Germany. He says:

"I am excited to be here, and I have big expectations, for the migrant churches in particular. I want CEC to see that we are real, and that we need to be lived with and talked with. I'm waiting for the rest of the day to see how it goes."

Another Methodist from Britain called David said:

"I'm knackered, and the church was hot. The translation of the service into different languages made it nearly incomprehensible. But I'd love to have a go on the organ, which sounds like a raspberry!"

Birgitta from Sweden said:

"This is my first time. I'm trying to learn things, as I am running a world conference for the International Prison Chaplains' Association in the near future. I think having a joint church service is a sign of unity."

Ieva added:

"From the service I remember many words of hope, and I am thinking about an anchor. CEC needs to find the policies to anchor us and to deal with issues in the future."

No comments:

Post a Comment