Thursday 16 July 2009

Worship team - now at work...

Well, now at work might be saying too much, as the stewards of the worship team have really had much time to do anything else. It is great taking part in the prayers, and working in the Gathering Service we all experienced how different denominations came together in celebrating our common faith in and love of God. This morning's prayer, Thu 7/16, was carried out with Orthodox liturgy and it was exiting to experience how rituals so foreign to me as a Danish protestant still spoke to me, and I truly felt God's presence. I feel that this is a common denominator for my entire participation in the Stewards' Programme so far - God is truly present among us despite our differences. I feel blessed and inspired, and I can't wait to take a more active part in ecumenical work in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment